China-Israel Deals Weekly Newsletter
Contributed by: China Deals InfoBase.
The big story this week was Jack Ma’s trip to Israel with around 40 of his closest business associates. Here are some of the highlights:
- JVP – talked more collab/investment and met and learned about select portfolio companies
- Tel Aviv University – received an honorary doctorate (That’s Doctor Ma to you!) and held a Q&A with students
- Tour of OrCam and MobilEye
- Met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- Floated in the Dead Sea
- Tried his hand at Israeli cuisine
- Visited Old Jerusalem
During the trip, Ma announced that Israel is one of three countries considered for overseas Alibaba offices. Also, “Ma noted that Israel is a much more peaceful country than he expected, with a strong economy and security,” Times of Israel reported.