Looking for a firm? Let us help you
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Sheppard Mullin is a full service Global 100 law firm with 900 attorneys in 15 offices located in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
The Sheppard Mullin Israel Team is comprised of attorneys with expertise in business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities, corporate, and fund formation matters across various arenas such as high tech and life sciences, as well as litigation, regulatory, tax, competition, intellectual property, labor, and other specialty matters. The Team delivers highly effective representation for U.S. and Israel-based companies, venture funds, and other investors with cross-border interests. Clients include Israeli companies conducting business in the U.S., U.S. companies conducting business in Israel, as well as other multinational conglomerates, investment funds, financial institutions, and individuals based throughout the world. With several Hebrew-speaking attorneys, the Team is dedicated to strengthening the ties between the Israeli and U.S. business communities.
Sheppard Mullin is a full service AmLaw Global 100 firm with approximately 900 attorneys in 11 domestic offices located in California, Chicago, Dallas, New York and Washington, D.C., as well as four international offices in Shanghai, Seoul, London and Brussels. The development and expansion of our practice in response to client needs remains the core focus of our leadership.
The Sheppard Mullin Difference
Our attorneys take the time to understand not only the legal needs of our clients but also their business objectives. Our legal and business acumen, value for fees incurred, commitment to client service, and adherence to the highest ethical standards combine to set Sheppard Mullin apart.
Areas of Practice
Our clients include almost half of the Fortune 100 companies. However, we also represent many early stage companies as well. Our ability to attract the world’s most dynamic companies is supported by a truly diverse practice, which includes specific expertise in:
- Antitrust and Competition
- Entertainment, Technology & Advertising
- Financial Restructuring & Insolvency
- Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade
- Intellectual Property • Labor & Employment
- Real Estate, Land Use, Natural Resources & Environment
- Tax, Employee Benefits & Estate Planning
Interdisciplinary Industry Teams
We recognize that our clients are often looking for specific industry expertise that spans multiple legal practice areas. Accordingly the following are some of our industry teams:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency • Cannabis
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Entertainment & Digital Media • Esports
- Fashion, Apparel & Beauty
- Food & Beverage
- Life Sciences & FDA
- Privacy & Cybersecurity • Private Wealth Services • Retail
- Social Media & Games • Transportation
- Tribal & Indian Law
- 40 Sheppard Mullin attorneys were ranked by Chambers USA as Leading Lawyers, 2019. The firm was also recognized in Chambers Europe and Chambers Asia Pacific.
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2019 recognized 97 Sheppard Mullin partners and 25 practice groups as among the best in the country. The firm was also recognized in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- 134 Sheppard Mullin attorneys were named to the 2019 “Best Lawyers in America” list.
- Sheppard Mullin was ranked among the best litigation firms by Benchmark Litigation, 2019.
We share our clients’ commitment to promoting diversity in the work place. Sheppard Mullin attorneys and our Diversity and Inclusion leadership team are unified in their commitment to continue to increase diversity in our firm. What distinguishes good intentions from results is a commitment by senior management to find the best attorneys possible coupled with the sincere belief that people with diverse backgrounds bring valuable attributes to the firm and our clients. We are proud of the following rankings.
- 2019 Minority Corporate Counsel Association Thomas L. Sager Award Recipient – Awarded each year to a large AmLaw 200 law firm that has demonstrated a sustained commitment to D&I and is a champion of D&I in the legal industry.
- American Lawyer Top Firms for Diversity/2019 Diversity Scorecard – Among the top law firms for diversity in 2019 (#32) and in prior consecutive years.
- 2019 HRC Corporate Equality Index – 100% rating of LGBTQ workplace benefits (9th consecutive year).
- Law360 100 Best Law Firms for Minority Attorneys – Ranked among the 100 best firms for minority attorneys in 2015-2019 (since survey inception).
- Awarded Mansfield Certified Plus designation for 2019.
Client Service & Project Management
While proud of the honors listed above, we prize meeting – and exceeding – our clients’ needs above all else. In-house counsel repeatedly stress the importance of “partnering,” “client service” and “responsiveness.” We have listened and taken action. Sheppard Mullin has launched an internal client service initiative called “Clients First” that outlines the expectations we place on every attorney and staff member with regard to client service. We also have a full-time legal project management team to develop budgets and plans tailored to our clients’ needs. Our project management system allows us to connect value to the cost of legal services.
Sheppard Mullin encourages its attorneys to provide legal services to the financially disadvantaged and to underrepresented individuals and groups whose legal needs warrant volunteer assistance.
Each Sheppard Mullin office receives cases from local referral agencies that pre-screen indigent clients. Attorneys involved in this type of pro bono work assist clients with problems relating to education, immigration, political asylum, domestic violence, creditor/debtor relations and landlord/tenant problems. The commitment of the firm to pro bono activities has been recognized by several Bar Associations and by the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles.
Use of Technology and Blogs
Our clients expect, and we deliver, greater efficiency through technology. We have more than 30 blogs from Advertising to Videogames, and a podcast, Nota Bene.
We use technology and automation tools when it is beneficial for our clients. The agile approach of our innovation team enables us to make advanced technologies directly available to clients, with a focus on those that have practical use cases for our clients’ legal and business needs.
Banking & Finance
Corporate and M&A
Labor & Employment
Projects & Energy
Shipping & Transport
Privacy & Data Security
North America(11), Asia(2), Europe(2)
30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY
West Tower 23rd Fl., Mirae Asset Center 1 Building 26 Euljiro 5-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul 04539
Wheelock Square 1717 Nanjing Road West Shanghai 200040
Avenue Louise 480 1050 Brussels
25 Southampton Buildings London, WC2A 1AL United Kingdom
333 South Hope Street Forty-Third Floor Los Angeles, CA 90071
1901 Avenue of the Stars Suite 1600 Los Angeles, CA 90067
Three First National Plaza 70 West Madison Street, 48th Floor Chicago, IL 60602
2200 Ross Avenue 24th Floor Dallas, TX 75201
650 Town Center Drive Tenth Floor Costa Mesa, CA 92626
San Diego (Del Mar)
12275 El Camino Real Suite 200 San Diego, CA 92130
San Diego (Downtown)
501 West Broadway 19th Floor San Diego, CA 92101
Four Embarcadero Center Seventeenth Floor San Francisco, CA 94111
379 Lytton Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94301
2099 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Suite 100 Washington, DC 20006-6801